Riphah Centre of Islamic Business (RCIB)
Riphah Centre of Islamic Business (RCIB), Riphah International University (RIU), has taken a step forward to provide a platform for research and publication on Islamic Business and Management in the name of the Journal of Islamic Business and Management (JIBM) (ISSN: 2075-6291).
JIMB is a biannual journal with a mission to publish quality research material in all areas of Business and Management sciences. Our mission is to present the practice oriented quality research paving the way for a paradigm shift bringing to the world Islam's response to global financial crises and economic malpractice.
We welcome scholars, researchers and experts having different research and academic backgrounds from all around the globe to send their contributions for the journal on any of the following areas:
- Research articles on Islamic economics, business, finance and / or management;
- Shariah – sources and jurisprudence issues; in the wake of emerging economic, finance and business developments;
- Case Studies on successful Shariah compliant businesses;
- Archives – reproduction of treasured pieces of research or research based articles that one may like for broad based dissemination among the current readership;
- Discussion on any issues that the scholars / readers may like to share with others or would like to know opinion of others (Discussion Forum); and
- Book Review
Note to the Paper Contributors
- The papers submitted to JIBM should make some significant contribution to Islamic economics, business, finance and management, either theoretical or applied, or discuss any business issue from an Islamic perspective.
- Submission of a paper will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere. It would also imply that the subject content did not impinge upon, violate or constitute a breach of any intellectual rights of any third party.
- The JIBM management shall have non-exclusive rights on the materials published in the JIBM; would be fully authorized to use or distribute the material for the purpose of Indexing / Abstracting, to translate into Urdu, or for any other related purposes; and would have power to enter into any agreement with third parties for distribution of the materials by any means and in any format.
- Since JIBM sends all papers for review, two hard copies or a soft editable copy should be submitted in final form for sending anonymously to the reviewers. Authors should give their surface and e-mail addresses and telephone/fax numbers at which they can be contacted.
- All papers must include an abstract of no more than 150 words, 6-8 Keywords and JEL classification, if applicable. The length of the article should preferably be between 3000- 10,000 words.
- All papers should have an introductory section in which the objectives and methodology of the article are explained and a final section, which summarizes the main points discussed and the conclusions reached.
- Detailed derivations of the main mathematical results reported in the text should be submitted separately. These will not be published.
- References should be listed at the end of the text in the following style: Articles: El-Gari, Mohamed Ali (2003); Credit Risk in Islamic Banking and Finance; Islamic Economic Studies; Vol. 10, No. 2, (2003); Pp. 1 – 23; Books: Khan, A. R. (1993), Financial Intermediation, New York: Springer Publishers. Page references to works referred to in the text should take the following form: El-Gamal (2006:128).
- The verses of the Holy Qur’an quoted should carry S┴rah number and ’Ayah number as (2:275).
- Complete reference to the source of A╒ādith quoted should be given like: Muslim, ╗ahih, Kit┐b al …. .
- Contributions may be sent in English and should be addressed to the Editor, Journal of Islamic Business and Management, Riphah Centre of Islamic Business (RCIB), Riphah International University (Old Supreme Court, (Al-Meezan) Building), 274, Peshawar road, Rawalpindi; or the e-mail: email@example.com
For sending academic contributions and views, please write to